View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 04:10 PM   #99
jacobmuller

Default Re: Overkill on a Mozambique drill

I know what you mean but it does seem kind of illogical to check for consciousness and then death - I mean, if you're dead, who cares if you succeed the consciousness checks or not.
As for more than once - the original rule made the check at the start of your following turn. I think it's painful enough to add it in as the first thing you do after being injured and before doing anything else. After all, the character might already be dead. Hence, I'm interpreting the immediate consciousness check for HP0 or less to mean immediately after any other checks and before you try to continue with anything else, thereby keeping it as one roll.

The aesthetic change the immediate makes will be that if Bob gets shot as he runs across an alley, he will probably fall down more/less where he was shot, not his full move afterwards (unless he manages to succeed all those HT checks).

Now that's another question - if you're running across, whatever, and get shot halfway through your move (triggered Op-fire) and reduced to 1/2 move (1/3HP or less), does that leave you 1/4 move to go...
jacobmuller is offline   Reply With Quote