View Single Post
Old 07-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #2
Nikas_Zekeval

Default Re: Cycle Pack Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
My CW campaign has sloooooowly been grinding onwards and it has reached a point where I need to throw in another encounter.

My players have a flatbed big rig, but now they have a decent tractor unit with a pair of lasers (rather than a single VMG). They also have 2 support vehicles, a light trike with MMLs that was supposed to be the front man plus a salvaged midsized with front mounted blast cannon and not much else.

I think it is high time we finally had the classic engagement with a cycle pack attack. I don't expect any cycle to last long, so I think they will have to be plentiful (and psychotic).

Any suggestions on how this can be turned into a slightly plausible scenario that has some challenge (rather than a turkey shoot). The biker have to have some chance of getting at least some salvage or else why would they bother?
IIRC ADQ had an article that covered this, including intelligent tactics for the whole of the biker gang. Not every 'member', one suggestion I recall was to use some cheap bikes and wanna be members and/or hanger ons as a distraction attack of the type the players might be expecting. Sell it as an initiation test.

Another tactic I recall to possibly be combined with the above is too use the cycles gang as dragoons, where the cycle is transport to an ambush site just off the road, say right before a turn.

Last edited by Nikas_Zekeval; 07-04-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Nikas_Zekeval is offline   Reply With Quote