View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
tbeard1999

Default Re: The Immovable Foundation-Stone on which TFT Characters are Built

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kane View Post
Here's the deal in a nut shell. Melee is based on Algebra. But to directly your question of equal-value, can you cite where it says "necessary that ST and DX be equally valuable, as posited in Melee"? I want to get on the same page as you, so I can understand your question.
Well, I'm asking, not quoting.

In Melee, the "price" of ST is exactly the same as DX - each point of ST or DX costs one attribute point.

If this is actually true (i.e., a point of ST and a point DX have equivalent utility in Melee and Wizard) then the "cost" assigned to ST and DX is accurate.

And then any reduction of the utility of ST will reduce the utility or value of ST. Which would then make the cost inaccurate.

Quote:
I totally get what you mean hear Ty, but it is outside of the scope of the treatise I presented. That one my friend, is another 2000 word Treatise in my files which I should put up here so we can get into and examine together
I don't think I have the spare brain cells for it. I think that you make a good point - assuming I understand correctly - that if you take something away from ST, you make ST less valuable. This then invalidates a key concept of TFT - that all attributes have equivalent value.

My argument is that the original "price" of ST in Melee/Wizard may not accurately reflect its actual utility/value.

Plus, the ITL additions to ST will increase the utility/value of ST. If ST was accurately priced in Melee/Wizard, this addition will render that pricing invalid.

Finally, I am asserting that splitting Power from ST will have no effect on the value of ST to heroes, which is a Good Thing.

Last edited by tbeard1999; 03-14-2018 at 03:29 PM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote