View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #15
Bruno

Default Re: Duration limit for Affliction: Advantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
So one of the key potential benefits of Malediction is brutally and counter-intuitively nerfed. Sad, just sad.
My Opinion, of course, but: Malediction (with the special Affliction exception) being grossly broken as combined with Affliction as-is, I'm not surprised to see the nerf-bat being wielded. Malediction is a little suspicious to me anyways, but Malediction/Affliction is just bleh. It makes buying more levels of Affliction a Stupid Move. It being a leveled advantage, that says to me there's a serious design problem in there.

That said, Malediction/Affliction got the special exception because the Affliction pricing/setup seems wonky and Malediction is so expensive (and commonly used with Affliction) that it exaggerates the problem until you can see it casually. I'm on the record as thinking this should be solved starting with re-examining Affliction, and work our way outwards from there. Kromm's proposed a few good speculative solutions.

Nerfing only part of the Malediction/Affliction interaction seems wonky. Starting at the wrong end of the elephant.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote