View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: TL11 and Species advantages

Strength is quite useful for carrying around gear and weapons if you don't have powered armor and exoskeletons to make biological muscle unnecessary.

That said, being big is in almost all respects bad. It makes you easier to hit, and doesn't come anywhere near letting you carry enough thicker armor to make up for it. Being small, on the other hand, is awesome.

DX is always good as long as you actually have biologicals engaging in direct combat. Which may be questionable at TL11, but you are probably assuming it.

Personal mobility advantages don't do much good, since they can be replaced or bettered by personal mobility hardware.

The benefits of IQ in a technology-dominated battlefield should be obvious. Will is also useful (if you're using Tactical Shooting combat psychology anyway), and by the book so is Perception, though I'd suggest that technical aids should be able to make that redundant too.

Interestingly, HT actually may be more useful than at lower levels. A lot of weapons are either piercing, and thus subject to the Body Hits rules from High Tech, or tight-beam and thus should be. Consequentially despite the high damage values, there's a considerable chance that you'll be shot (right through) but not actually knocked out or killed. High HT lets you stay in action briefly after taking that hit to improve your chances of making it back to somewhere with proper medical care, which can then have you back in action fast.