Thread: Super DR
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 01:10 PM   #7
AlexanderHowl

Default Re: Super DR

But this is not a thread about using the KYOS system to restructure the GURPS system, it is thread about the possibility of introducing Super DR in order to scale DR in a similar fashion to Super ST and Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction). Everything officially published in GURPS 4e, except for a few Pyramid articles and one supplement about Alternative Attributes, pretty much uses the universal attribute system rules, and I believe that the majority of people still use the universal system rules (plus a few of their own house rules) instead of KYOS. Anyway, Super-Effort does not require rolling or multiplication, it just requires simple addition from the Size/Speed table, which you can do during character creation (spend 1 FP and get +42 DR for one minute is not a complex rule).

I am curious, is there any particular reason why we do not see Super-Effort in other attributes/secondary attributes (other than FP and HP)? If a character already possessed DX, IQ, HT, Per, or Will at '20' (or Basic Move or Basic Speed at '10'), I could see the utility of allowing them to purchase Super Effort for +300% for each additional level to represent superhuman capabilities. For example, I would not really see any issues with a Speedster in a super's setting purchasing Super Move, which would be Basic Move with Super Effort (+300%). Super Move 10 [200] would give +10 Basic Move normally (meaning that the character would have a minimum Basic Move of 20), but they could scale their Basic Move to 110 for a minute by spending 1 FP.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote