View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
Bruno

Default Re: GURPS Powers: Divine Favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
I really liked this one, and I'm considering using it to replace clerical magic in Dungeon Fantasy.
Mrff rff mmmrfl? *spits out the PDF briefly*

Yeah, I'm officially making it an option for players in my game - replace PI, spells, and the powers from DF with Divine Favor instead. Or mix both, but that's going to take a stinkton of points, and neither system gives bonuses to the other so I don't recommend it for starting characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
My only complaints so far is that the book focuses entirely on goody-two-shoes gods, but that's barely a quibble as the book gives me all the tools I need to make my own sets of divine powers. A slightly larger quibble is that I can't find the variation of Blessed in there that boosts your stats. I was kinda hoping to see what he did with that, or if that even needs to be covered by these (but he had other forms of Blessed, like the font, in the book).
As a +5 to Strength and Climbing (plus one free reroll) only until you climb back up, and complete restoration of FP, was the example for a Neutral reaction when begging for generic help while hanging off a cliff over a Pit of Doom, it seems that it would be a pretty modest miracle.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote