View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 04:16 PM   #49
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Indiegogo: Ogre Miniatures Set 3 - Doppelsoldner and Ogre Mark VI

Thanks Phil, that gives me a lot more confidence in how it's all coming together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack_JB View Post
Okay, it appears you can buy them in groups of one, two, or three -- but you'd have a separate credit card charge for each batch, and a second (or third, or fourth) shipping fee for each order.

So as an example, nine sets would be $195.
Oof. Those shipping charges are going to get out of hand in a hurry for "Many Minis" style backers. And while it's only $0.30 / transaction, those could add up too compared to $0.30 / backer.

I'm glad to see the 'Yes, Backerkit' answer in one of Phil's posts; that'll ameliorate the problem a good deal, since that allows them to charge shipping based on the total package, not individual components. But it is going to make backing a "The Price is Right" guessing game of 'If I'm being charged X for shipping, and can reasonably expect the actual charge to be Y, then I can back this many sets now, pick up the rest in Backerkit with the overage, and be reasonably confident of getting close without going over.

I just hope it doesn't come back to bite us, as we've got a pretty meaty initial goal to get over. I have every faith that we can do it, but that doesn't mean I won't worry until we do.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/