View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 03:13 PM   #15
Shoug

Default Re: IQ to power spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
By "caster supremacy" I'm assuming you mean some sort of outsize advantage accruing to the spell-casters? No. Keep in mind that Spell Casters tend to be the most dangerous opponents your non-Wizards will confront anyway -- especially if they are clever about how they use their spells. But this change (from ST to "Mana") didn't really change the dynamic much -- except that it put a premium on Spell Casters increasing their IQ (keep in mind this was "classic" TFT, 30 years ago), which was just fine. Their ST might stay 9 or 10 for quite a while, which made them fairly fragile compared to the Human Tanks and whatnot the rest of the characters were. And again, that was just fine, and more or less what we wanted to have happen.

I like the Fate rules. Maybe post whatever your mash-up looks like at some point? I'd be interested in seeing what choices you made in creating it.
I'll be sure to post it here when I get around to it. I just don't like the way TFT handles most of the non-combat talents. The combat oriented talents I find very cool, so the biggest problem solve for the marriage is going to be reconciling the Fate skills with the combat talents and primary attribute rolls of TFT.
Shoug is offline   Reply With Quote