View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:40 AM   #1
Minuteman37

Default Logistically Viable Weapons Part 2: Electric Boogaloo Bullets (AtE)

Ok I dealt with some Real life stuff, did some more research and I'm back to bounce some ideas off the GURPS community.

Link to last thread:

It has a fascinating calvary discussion, though I hope we're done beating that dead horse *de bump tiss*

So here are my current thoughts for my warlord's faction. Equipment is distributed in four tiers:

Tier 4: Conscripts from conquered tribes, criminals, enlisted non-citizens etc. Receive Muskets, though battle hardened platoons typically ditch those for the weapons of defeated foes. Tier 4 units are grouped together in a battalion to signify the upper limit of the logistic support avaliable to them. actual numbers are constantly in flux do to high recruitment and casualties.

Tier 3:Standard light infantry made up of first time enlisted citizens, use single shot breech-loading rifles with bayonets, they have helmets, load bearing gear, mortar support, trucks for transport, radio headsets issued at the corporal level and up, and drone reconnaissance.

Skirmisher, scouts and pathfinder units with fine (accurate) rifled muskets, and horse/bike transport are also Tier 3.

Tier 2: Shock Troopers and mechanized infantry, made up of veterans from lower tiers in their 3rd or 4th tour. A small company in size. Armed humvees and APCs for transport and fire support. Troops are given bullet resistant vests, stick grenades are available, their standard long arm is a carbine length lever-action rifle, breaching units get pump-action shotguns, while snipers and DMs get full length bolt-action rifles with match grade ammunition. Simple blow-back, stamp metal SMGs are starting to trickle down from the factories in the capital. The long term plan is to make Tier 2 equipment standard amongst the entire army once production is in full swing and current stockpiles start to dwindle.

Tier 1: The Warlord's Elite Guard, and Most trusted henchmen units, about platoon size. Ostensibly armed like Tier 2 units, but they get dips on whatever non manufacturable pre collapse gear is available. on an individual kit level they closely resemble modern first world special forces.

Thoughts, criticisms, comments?
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote