View Single Post
Old 01-07-2020, 09:54 AM   #38
Parody

Default Re: Kickstarter general question about profitability

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTullis View Post
I think Bigger is mostly only better at CONS. Hence Giant Catan and RC Robo Rally. And probably RC Car Wars. {Excuse us we need Lucas Oil for our Car Wars Arena. ;) }
Not big enough! We might as well go 1:1 at the Speedway. :)

Our group uses Micro Machines for the old game (at 1.5x scale) and it's a good balance of "something to look at" and "not taking up too much space". However, given what they were going for in Sixth Edition, I don't blame them for moving up to Hot Wheels size.

I don't know what we're going to do with the new game. I know at least two members of our group were in for a bunch of things in the Kickstarter. I only signed up for the base game because I didn't want a bunch of tiles, playmats, or extra miniatures I'm not going to paint anyway. I'm not sure if I'll stick with that or spend a bit more money for the two decks of cards I'm not going to get. Maybe I'll just wait and put something like the CWVD together from all the cards my friends have so we can design vehicles with all the options, even if we can't share it with others. We'll see.

Last edited by Parody; 01-07-2020 at 10:11 AM.