View Single Post
Old 12-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #4
malloyd

Default Re: Whats it like for WordBound of 'Completed' Words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methariel View Post
That left aside, I think, that the Seraphim Council would have rather bestowed the - more broad - Word of Liberation, or, perhaps, Abolition of Slavery in a wider context, whose holder would have been and probably still is closely watched by Judgement, because of being conceptually dangerously close to Freedom. I think, it is good to keep in mind, that the Seraphim Council usually tries to bestow Words that apply, as much as possible, globally.
I think I'd go with Emancipation. Even in its original Latin it already expanded to cases other than strict slavery, and as long as there are humans there will be people deserving release from unjust bonds of some sort.

For the Underground Railroad, I dunno, I suppose there might be an angel of Wind with the word of Moral Smuggling.

But honestly it's a bit of modernist thinking that Heaven opposes slavery as slavery. The abuses it commonly leads to yes, but all the Abrahamic religions depict a God who seems OK with the general concept. There could perfectly well be an Angel of Slavery working to promote it's proper forms. Doubtless opposed by demons in the service of the Prince of Democracy.