View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 01:45 PM   #104
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week (#27): Common Sense, Intuition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
The concept of SOP perks is realistic. Regardless of the specific procedure, it does mean you are actually doing the thing, not that you automagically have done then thong only when it would matter. A concept that doesn't really relate to common sense or Common Sense (or even Common Sense).
I don't think the cinematic ones are intended to be associated with the GM requiring you to account for the time and effort of literally always topping things off whenever you're off-screen, though.

But I agree that 'has all SOPs' doesn't make sense as a construct, and 'has all SOPs only when useful' doesn't really either, and neither is common sense. Though some failures to perform could be grounds to roll for Common Sense. If you decide to drive your jeep out into the desert, certain combinations of SOP would mean you definitely load fuel and gear without needing to mention it, but if you don't have such SOPs but do have Common Sense, a roll to be reminded that you're about to roll out with 50 miles worth of gas and no water would be entirely justified.