View Single Post
Old 09-21-2017, 10:11 PM   #1
Desert Scribe

Default Ogre at MillenniumCon 2017 (Round Rock TX)

Hey everyone:

Once more, I'm running a large game of Ogre at the MillenniumCon wargame convention in Round Rock, Texas. The convention runs Nov. 10-12, and my scenario will take place Saturday afternoon. Player registration for the convention starts October 1.

Here's the description of the event, which gives a nod toward MillCon's theme noting the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Stalingrad:

Quote:
In the 22nd century, the Millennium Realm’s powersuited soldiers and armored cybertanks surge east to conquer the city of Steelville. Defiantly, the Collective Council’s outnumbered troops and Ogres race to defend the workers’ metropolis on the banks of the Long River. This is a custom sci-fi tank combat scenario using Ogre Designer’s Edition rules and official Ogre miniatures (along with some original units) on a large hex mat with 3-D terrain. With room for up to 10 players, you and your friends can defend the besieged city--or you can conquer it. Fight in the Siege of Steelville!
I can't show photos in this post, so to get an idea of what my setup looks like, just follow this link to some pics from last year's event on my blog.

Hope to see some of y'all there in November!