View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 08:39 AM   #104
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: [Supers] GURPS Unofficial Handbook to the Marvel Universe, Reboot Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031
The Create is his ability to shoot his webs; it seemed to be the best way to model the generic web-casting ability. The Binding being low represents only the first "layer"; Peter and Bobby do have a tendency to pile on more than one layer at a time.

What level SJ do you recommend for him? (Using both the standard and optional rules so I can compare?)
Regarding the Create: Binding already assumes the existence of the binding material. If you want to model other stunts he has pulled off with the webbing, you might want Control, instead... but I think it might be better to attach modifiers to the Binding (Area Effect, Persistent, Selective, Wall, etc.).

Super Jump: Well, I wouldn't presume that my idea of his capabilities has any special validity *heh*... I'd guesstimate his effective jumping ability at about the equivalent of SJ 3; either buying that level if using standard jumping rules, or only 1 level if using the optional rules from B352.

Standard rules - Move 7
  • High Jump = (6 * 7) - 10, or 32". SJ 3 makes that 256", about 21'.
  • Broad Jump = (2 * 7) - 3, or 11'. SJ 3 makes that 88'.
Optional rules - ST/4 (rounded down) replaces Move. 110/4 ~ 27
  • High Jump = (6 * 27) -10, or 152". SJ 1 makes that 304", about 25'.
  • Broad Jump = (2 * 27) - 3, or 51'. SJ 1 makes that 102'.
Running jumps will double all the above distances. His base jumping distances using the optional rules are already pretty impressive... some people might think that those are sufficient without adding any levels of Super Jump.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote