View Single Post
Old 03-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #9
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: John Constantine Hellblazer's Occult Powers in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSeventeen View Post
I'm very interested to see what people think about this one. I think that you have to differentiate between what John casts and what effects he just sort of... is. It seems like whatever levels of Serendipity and Luck he might have are somehow a genetic trait shared by (at least some of) his ancestors (Cf. Johanna Constantine during the French Revolution [if memory serves] in the Sandman story line to do with Dream's son, I think).
I think it's safe to say that Plot Protection advantages like Serendipity and Luck are where most of Constantine's points went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSeventeen View Post
Speaking of Sandman, should we examine John's appearances in the Books of Magic (and how Tim's magic works in there, possibly, or Zatanna's) and various stories of the Endless (and Swamp Thing)? Or are those different enough that it might just complicate the task beyond reasonableness?
BoM makes it clear that Constantine, Zatanna, and Tim are doing more-or-less completely different stuff IMHO. The various stories of the Endless introduce a lot of material, but AFAICT nothing involving Constantine that contradicts or adds to his demonstrated abilities in his own book. I'm not familiar enough with his appearances in Swamp Thing to comment.
Gold & Appel Inc is online now   Reply With Quote