View Single Post
Old 09-24-2011, 12:03 PM   #14
Lamech

Default Re: On the Infinite Worlds Setting and Cabal-style Cosmology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
A theoretical question that will never have a practical answer until the Cabal gets to the last would possible in its' metaphysics......if there is one.

If there isn't you'll never be sure. All you'll ever know is that the number is large and shows no sign of coming to an end. Infinity (the mathematical concept and not the corp) is like that. No one except Buzz Lightyear ever even gets to it much less beyond it.
First note, there are definitely rare rule breaking worlds that can only be accessed by certain methods, for example a number of worlds can only be found by leaving from one specific worlds. But I'm talking about the more standard, vast majority of the worlds.

Cabal has ways of getting to worlds other than the astral. They also love nexuses, and think psionics are pretty cool, so they can jump between worlds too. Infinity also has jumpers. It seems to me that if the Cabal's astral could miss any significant fraction of worlds that jumpers can get too they would know. Furthermore if infinity jumpers could get to any significant number of worlds that conveyers couldn't get too they would also figure that out. And the reverse of both of those too.
Therefore since I don't see anything about jumpers or conveyers having a different world set, and ditto for jumpers and astral it would seem the set of astral worlds=set of jumper worlds = set of conveyer worlds. If the sets didn't match up well you would find that out. If every given world had only a 50% chance of being Astral findable, and a 50% chance of being conveyer findable, you would very quickly find worlds on conveyers that can't be reached via jumpers, or astral worlds that can't be reached via jumpers.

P.S. No mana worlds aren't strictly no mana. It can be raised in countless manners such as sacred architexture, reality shards, mana enhancers. Or the Cabalists could simply find dreamers via travel through Nod. So no mana =! not connected to astral.
Hiriko
Andrew
Lamech is offline   Reply With Quote