View Single Post
Old 11-11-2016, 12:01 AM   #109
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
Huh

So why do many items in UT run for many hours (or even longer) off a power cell?

It seems that a battery may be another option for my hypothetical camping trip to Hoth, 4 very large batteries will run 80 moneys and weigh 200lbs
For two reasons, simplicity and the fact that a lot of those items are pretty low power. A battlesuit that gives a +10 ST bonus only needs in the neighborhood of 600watts at peak output and significantly less during over a long term average. That being said Ultra-Tech did kinda over inflate how long a suit can run for because they were based off of the one in the basic set which had its stats largely pulled from a hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalzazz View Post
I am guessing this means that Power Cells would be super awesome for jumpstarting cars when the battery is dead?

How do power cells compare to smokeless powder for storing energy? Old airplanes and tractors and things used to use shotgun based starting mechanisms, using smokeless powder instead of batteries

edit - Sadly I have no clue how many kilowatts or joules or anything is needed to jumpstart a Honda Civic
I don't have the actual numbers but I belive a TL9 power cell has less energy density then gun powdered but TL10+ is on par or better.

Also sadly it's hard to figure out the exsact amount of watts needed to start a car but most jumper cables are designed for outputs of ~12v at 400amps which is 4.8 kiloWatts.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote