View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #37
swordtart

Default Re: Combat Garage Update - Problems ...

[QUOTE=Magesmiley;1979490]I checked against UACFH, and you do seem to be correct on this - they should get rounded up for spaces and DP for each instance that you purchase.[QUOTE]

Hmm not sure I read that you have to update for each instance you purchase, there is nothing saying you can't do the rounding all of them at once. If you bought 10, they should fit in 100% of the space for the plant (or 1 more space for a 1 space plant). You would still have to find 4 times the weight and cost of the plant (which seems balance enough). Given the limited in game advantage of having extra power cells this seems bad enough.

The rounding for spaces was to simplify book keeping back when we had only fingers to count on, but we don't really need that anymore. It also introduces issues when you have multiple values for the smallest space anything can take up (1/3 for mini rockets, 1/2 for cycles, or 1 for most of the "round up" category of weapons, streamlining, sloped armour etc.. )

I really don't see a problem in keeping track of decimal spaces anymore, we don't do it for costs or weights.
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote