View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 02:42 AM   #35
Racer

Default Re: Combat Garage Update - Problems ...

Well I've just about got the hang of CG - depending on phone signal & trying to save designs the disappear into the ether ...
We've noticed a number more problems :

1. Extra Power Cells : on smaller PPs ( 1 Space ) at least , they seem to take up only 1/10 of a Space ! Following the rules as written , each sets Spaces should be rounded up to 1 Space . I'd be quite happy if this was rounded up to next ½ Space on Cycles , but as CG plans it , it's open to extreme abuse ! I managed to get 33 EPCs on a Heavy Cycle & have got up to 38 EPCs on a Light Trike before running out of weight allowance !!! 8-|
I no longer have ADQ 6/3 or Uncle Albert's '89 ( both stolen ) to check original wordings , but I'm sure this wasn't the intent for this item ?

2. If using UACFH rules set in CG , the Large Mini Safe has only 2 internal spaces - in Printed version on UACFH ( at least - I've not got access to PDF version ) this was increased to 3 internal Spaces after feedback via ADQ . It was still listed as 2 spaces in last printed CWC , so it's a minor oversight I think ? Price in UACFH has also dropped to $600 - it's still $700 in CG .

3. I may start a thread on this , as there is huge ambiguity in wording of the written rules , but Reversed Trikes Bodies/Frames +50% cost also increases cost of Chassis type AND Suspension costs as well , in your calculations . Different places ( Combat Showcase , VG 2 , VG 3 etc ) & at different times all give different interpretations when you back engineer them . Increasing these costs too is unfair on Rev Trike users - for example :

A Sub with X-Hvy Chassis & Hvy Suspension costs $1,050 for basic body & gets a HC of 4 .
A Reverse Light Trike with X-Hvy Chassis & Hvy Suspension costs $1,500 under those rules , and only gets a HC of 3 !
Okay the Trike is lighter with better powerplant options , but add in a CA Frame & the costs go through the roof - and that's rather silly ...
An X-Hvy Reverse Trike under these rules , with Hvy Suspension & X-Hvy Chassis costs $3,300 - a Pick-up with the mods same costs $3,150 .
The wording in UACFH states that the BODY costs +50% more - as opposed to CWC2 wording of the CHASSIS costs +50% more ! We've interpretated this so that only the body costs 50% more - the Light Trike in my above example would then cost $1,125 , which is much more reasonable .

Still it is a good tool & keep up the tweaking & improving :-)

Last edited by Racer; 02-15-2016 at 06:42 AM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote