Thread: Current play?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 08:03 AM   #66
larsdangly

Default Re: Current play?

Time to revive our 'current play' thread!

Last night I was in the mood to game but everyone was sacked out, so I whipped up a super fun solitaire rumble:

Setting: The neoprene Wizard map, with all imaged terrain 'on'. Note the MH scale pillars were assumed to be about 10' high.

Team 1: Two randomly drawn fighter cards, a standard issue giant, and a gargoyle (using the stats for a summoned one, not a starting PC).

Team 2: Two randomly drawn fighter cards, a 4-hex dragon and a ST 20 green slime.

I was thinking of throwing a wizard on each side, but wasn't in the mood to write them up or dig into my campaign NPCs (those new wizard cards in DoD will come in handy for this sort of situation...).

The fight is ongoing (I had to retreat to my dream chamber before a winner could be decided), and is surprisingly dramatic. When you play a flying combatant smart, they have a lot of options at their disposal. And, a slime might seem like a trivial nuisance to a bunch of adventurers armed with torches, but what should you do when no one on your team has fire and you have to pay attention to what other foes are doing? That 4' wide acidic booger can actually cause you some serious tactical problems...
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote