View Single Post
Old 10-21-2019, 08:38 PM   #8
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: Looking for GM opinions on this matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boge View Post
In these instances, for whatever reason you as the GM overlooked certain penalties or rules limiting those abilities (maybe you're tired, brain laps, maybe you don't know the rules), if there was another player at the table paying attention, and they're aware the rule is being overlooked or ruled incorrectly, would you want them to speak up and help get the ruling correctly, or would you rather they not say anything?
The types of games I run tend to be "Damn the rules! Full speed ahead." That is, I don't sweat having mistakes in game. If a player wants to talk to me about it after the session, cool, otherwise we move forward.

As far as rules lawyers go . . . I refuse to play with a known rules lawyer and the first instance of rules lawyering and I eject the player. It's pretty clear in my list of rules/social contract that all players get before they play in my games. I don't have time to argue rules minutiae to someone who probably likes doing exactly that. Moreover, it's not fun for the other players who have to deal with that BS.

TL;DR My table, my rules and if you're at my table you know this going in. I may not be perfect on all the rules for GURPS, but I like to think I'm pretty good with players having fun.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote