View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #47
Curmudgeon

Default Re: Stunned after taking Wait maneuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancewholelot View Post
Recently in a game I was running, a player took the Wait maneuver to attack a cave bear if it came toward him. Before this Wait was triggered the player was stunned by a sorceress' Death Vision spell. The cave bear then gets to move in on its turn without the stunned player getting the attack he was waiting for. The player's next turn starts and I tell him he must take the Do Nothing maneuver due to stun. The player protest that he had already lost a turn and should have already gotten a chance to recover. I stuck to my ruling, but how would you call it?
Suppose that the sorceress didn't cast the Death Vision spell and the cave bear came toward him triggering the Wait; he missed and the cave bear struck him, stunning him. In that case, there's no question that he has to take the Do Nothing maneuver on his next turn before he can recover.

Likewise, suppose the sorceress didn't cast Death Vision and he took a Do Nothing maneuver; the cave bear attacked and stunned him. The Do Nothing maneuver that he has already taken has nothing to do with the requirement to take a Do Nothing maneuver after being stunned, so he has to take a Do Nothing maneuver on his next turn.

So, in the case of his Wait not triggering and getting stunned by the Death Vision, I'd say the Wait wasn't even taking a Do Nothing maneuver on this turn before being stunned, so he definitely has to spend his next turn with a Do Nothing maneuver.
Curmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote