View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 08:38 PM   #45
hal

Default Re: Stunned after taking Wait maneuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I'm with Eevee on this one.

So it is inappropriate to force “you do nothing” after the stun has been resolved. The guy might not get his chance to reflex-attack the bear, but the character should get at least a chance to reflex-recover from the condition before the round ends.
The only "nit" if you will is this:

you do not roll to unstun until AFTER you take a complete turn to do nothing. Not the other way around. If the roll were BEFORE the "do nothing" maneuver, that would be one thing. Doing the roll AFTER the entire turn is spent doing nothing - is what the rules specify.

Frankly? I've never liked the fact that one can wait, attack into someone else's turn, then attack again and from the defender's point of view - have to defend against what ordinarily takes an all out attack to achieve...

Case in point? Without anything else involved (ie Martial arts etc), if it took an all out attack to produce 2 attacks in one second, then anything that acts like two attacks within one second should be deemed an all out attack right?

Person A (attacker) sees two seconds with a wait and then normal attack, Person D sees one second, with two incoming attacks.

DEFINITELY a disconnect here.

What bothers me is that the time spent waiting for someone to move within range, then attack, then recover from the attack, and then attack again - all takes place within the span of either 2 seconds OR 1 second - BOTH at the same time.

<shrug>
hal is offline   Reply With Quote