View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 04:48 AM   #9
evileeyore
Banned

Default Re: Stunned after taking Wait maneuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
What happened here is the player was setting a trap with the bear in mind, but instead got the tables turned on them by the wizard and the bear working "together*"
If bear and Sorceress are run by other Players, I'm with you. I strongly suspect they were NPCs run by the GM. In which I prefer my ruling.

Quote:
Allowing the wait to be converted into a retroactive do nothing / recovery effectively gives you an instant recovery.
Then rule on this:

Player: I Wait, and if a stunning spell is cast on me I Do Nothing.

Quote:
1), Did the player know about the wizard, and if they didn't did they take reasonable precautions to see if there was anything else other than the bear about**?
(Ignoring a wizard and giving them time to mess with you, you get what you deserve aka gank the wizard first)
There is a Wizard casting something over there and a bear rushing you... What do you worry about immediately?

Quote:
2). Is two rounds of the bear pretty much an automatic death sentence for this character without options to avoid it?
(other characters etc)
I don't even care about that. Dude decided that fighting the bear was the right option, dude get's to fight a bear.

My concern is stripping someone of their Wait, and then acting like "Well, you took a Wait, maybe next time don't waste your turn on risky propositions that."

Not saying you're saying that, but there is a definite stink of that from some other posts. As a GM who almost never sees Waits being used? Yeah, I give those maneuvers a little extra somethin-somethin* to encourage the usage.

* I actually allow 'wasted' Waits to convert into Aim, Evaluate, or Concentrate (Situational Awareness) as most appropriate. I'd also let it slide into one of the "useless" Maneuvers like Do Nothing, Position Change, Ready or even let them take the move portion of whatever Maneuver they had chosen as their Wait if nothing else is appropriate (and they had not yet moved).
evileeyore is offline   Reply With Quote