View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 11:29 AM   #9
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Neutron (Quantum 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Lane View Post
There was no lasting peace, of course: in 1933 the Frankish Empire declared war on all of the remaining continental countries in Western Europe, conquering the Low Countries and Scandinavia in alarmingly fast campaigns, then forcing the Spanish and Portuguese into humiliating treaties in 1934. War with the Russians naturally followed in 1935, with Frankish armies deep in Ukraine by 1936. The war ground slowly, but inexorably in the Franks’ favor, and the reorganization of the conquered territories was both horrible and efficient; the end of the war was a foregone conclusion.

Or at least it was up until February 6th, 1936, when the heart of the Frankish Empire was suddenly cut out of it. Homeline, based on the evidence it could find a decade later, determined that the explosives used were mid-level neutron bombs, set for airbursts and at a time to maximize the chances for a governmental decapitation strike.
Well, if they had the technology, I'd strongly suspect Neutron's British Empire. Letting a European empire get as far as the Frankish did is very bad policy for the British; letting them conquer all of Europe is right out, because they can then readily build the necessary fleet to conquer Great Britain.

So if I were an out-timer trying to figure out what had happened, I'd start by carefully checking on British ability to deliver those neutron bombs, and if they had it, start digging into where they might have got them from.
johndallman is online now   Reply With Quote