View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 10:48 AM   #7
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Warping back and forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
I don't understand why Anchored is incompatible with Tunnel, but the list in Powers is definite. No problem with ignoring that restriction, but I wouldn't mind hearing about the reasoning for it from Kromm.
Personally, I suspect the restriction in Powers is worded the way it is because most existing special modifiers for Warp in the Basic Set and Powers are incompatible with Anchored (Blind, Warp Jump, Hyperjump with most anchors, Range Limit, and from Powers, Blink, Tracking, Blind Only, Drift, Projection, and Special Portal). It was probably worded that way to avoid a large wordcount-eating list, and Tunnel was just mistakenly left out of the exceptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
If it's the second, that's definitely a bit trickier. I think Either/Or limitations is still the way to go, with Anchored as one of them, but the other would be an Accessibility limitation instead, "only to the last place I warped to".
Actually, disregard this - I just noticed that in Powers, Anchored to one place, but you can change what the place is by spending a minute there, is worth -50%. So that's what I'd use for the value of the "can only warp to the place you've most recently been", and the Either/Or limitation would become Either Anchored, my home base, -80%, or Anchored, place I've been before, -50%, for a final value of -40%. In this case, I think it's reasonable to replace the "must be there for a minute to change locations" restriction to "must successfully Warp to home base from there", since Warp isn't guaranteed.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote