View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 11:57 PM   #54
six's monkey

Default Re: Gettysburg scenario

Assuming this foray is deemed to be benign or better still, beneficial to SJG, I'm already looking to set aside some cash for sleeves and will print my own, up to a couple hundred different cards to have scenario ruffling options.

I'm thinking either commander could roll once per turn to request support, with each attempt adding a cumulative +1 mod until success ( maybe 10 or higher on 2d6) and success resetting the mod plus giving +3 to the opposing commander's roll. Success results in a draw from the appropriate "weight" forces deck, a draw from the entry zone and delay (both on same card), and a draw from the "minor objectives" deck.

Minor objectives could be "do this before these units can show up" or "do this and earn these VPs, maybe these units will help." Other broad types are possible, too, of course. :-)

Perhaps unfulfilled minor objectives would 'cost' VPs, and thus screaming for more would not always be wise. Perhaps all Ogres come with their own objectives and battle damage from previous engagements and thus at least partially balance themselves as draws. "With great power comes great responsibility." :-)

Last edited by six's monkey; 05-27-2012 at 12:04 AM. Reason: added thoughts on objectives
six's monkey is offline   Reply With Quote