View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #734
Luke Bunyip

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

Last night, I ran a Sci Fi Horror game. The PCs are assorted spaceship crew members trying to move through a large space station, after 'rioting' had broken out.

Early on, the PCs encountered a bunch of teenagers looting entertainment technology from an electronics retail store (the doors had been unlocked by some mysterious entity*). They manage to grab one, and then proceed to threaten him with firearms.

PC1: We should make him walk in front of us as a 'mine detector', in case there is any trouble brewing.
PC2**: Great idea, I'll make him do what we want.
GM (Me): So you will try to intimidate him?
PC2: Yeah.
GM: (rolls for NPC, he gets a critical failure) Your intimidation roll worked so well he has defecated in his pants, and has then promptly fainted.
PC3: Throw him in the shopping trolley, and just wheel him in front...

The PCs then discover that none of them actually want to be up front, pushing a trolley containing a stinky teenager. They then just leave him where they found him. Given that five minutes later they were firing through a group of residents defending their corridor, at the horde horde of zombieesque ex people moving in their direction, I would have loved to have seen what they actually did with the teenager.

*One of the players is a forumite. So, not saying much...
**His first game after playing DnD as a teenager.