View Single Post
Old 06-22-2014, 08:35 AM   #4
Talorien
Former Ogre Line Editor

Default Re: Official Rules Update and FAQ (Draft versions 1.01 - June 21)

Please note this new entry which wasn't in the previous draft FAQ:

Quote:
5.11.3 Can infantry mount or dismount a GEV (e.g. a GEV-PC) during the second movement phase?

Infantry may not mount or dismount during the second movement phase, except in an overrun (8.06.1).
I admit this was a late addition, which I'm now leaning towards the other way on:

Quote:
5.11.3 Can infantry mount or dismount a GEV (e.g. a GEV-PC) during the second movement phase?

Infantry may not mount during the second movement phase. Infantry may however dismount during the second movement phase, provided they did not mount that turn.
Disallowing mounting during second movement is for gameplay reasons - it's a bother to have to keep track of whether the infantry moved or not before the fire phase.

The FAQ originally disallowed dismounting for the same reasons - it requires to track whether or not the infantry had mounted before the fire phase. However, that's easier to track ("did the infantry start this turn on the GEV-PC?") than the above.

And one of the purposes of GEV-PCs is to deliver infantry fast.

I'm very willing to be persuaded the current draft FAQ on this should be changed . . .
Talorien is offline   Reply With Quote