View Single Post
Old 03-22-2023, 11:14 AM   #108
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: #Dungeon23 Megadungeon Challenge

The "Glowing Nature Level" is now complete. I edited the entrances listed just a little to make everything work, and made a map.

Random Monster Table:
  1. 3d6 Giant Rats (Mar7)
  2. 3d6 Giant Rats (Mar7)
  3. Giant Armadillo (Mar8)
  4. Giant Armadillo (Mar17)
  5. Mother Cave Bear and Cubs (Feb27)
  6. Giant Ferret (Mar21)
A few things to remember about this level:
  • Getting in either takes you through a portal that removes blades from the players or involves climbing up a hole with water pouring down it.
  • All but Mar13 and Mar22 have ambient glow, fast growing plants, and very high mana. The "Natural Sancity" of the area is not explicitly set, but should probably be treated as high.
  • Most of these fights are easy, but the fight in Mar10 is really difficult... though not necessarily lethal.
  • The "Goal" of the level from its intended point of view of reviving Polriket is to get the amulets from Mar 8, and get into Mar 22 and bring some water away.
  • The Divine Servitor used to be confined in Mar 20, and the Very High Mana Zone is centered there. She has prevented Polriket's minions from getting through, for the large part.
  • From a Player's point of view, I hope this section really advances who polriket is. They have the chance to actually talk to someone who has met him, and I think this is the first time they see his face.
This level only has 11 areas, but the other half of the portal should probably be considered part of it.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 03-22-2023 at 11:21 AM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote