Thread: Tarantuloids
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 08:37 AM   #4
brettd

Default Re: Tarantuloids

So, OK, I confess, I designed the scenarios.

I did playtest Scenarios 1 and 3 a lot (x12 each), and had some wins and loses with each. Luck can play a big factor around where the little dudes emerge, and that can quickly make a game go sideways. I played games where the Terrans won easily and games where I had no idea how they might have won. I didn't think about landing the How's in the clear area (interesting!), but I didn't lose too many How's, so I don't think it would have helped me.

I did not playtest 2 as much. My basic (off the cuff) strategy is, indeed, to have the ogre approach slowly in concert with the bugs. This will, of course "move the clock" against the ogre, as the time/distance relationship gets worse for it when it meets the enemy further from the CP.

That said... I'd love to hear more about how the game seems to go.

You could easily balance the scenarios (1&3) by having players elect to take fewer Terran infantry squads and see how low they could go and still win. For S2, you could "bid" on increases/reductions to the swarms in the bug forces with the lower number playing the bug/Ogre side.

-Brett
brettd is offline   Reply With Quote