View Single Post
Old 05-11-2016, 09:48 AM   #18
Polydamas

Default Re: Handling Long-Range Musketry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
Well In general I agree, but what's generally true for us isn't necessarily true for the everyone one on this website (or come to that every type of game I might conceivably want to run)
Absolutely ... but until we can find one person who is actually playing GURPS and finds that the rules for long-range musketry make their games less fun, its probably not a good idea to worry too much. Playing around with ways to represent things in the real world can be fun, but in my experience it does not have much impact on play unless all the work can be front-loaded. Even then, it may be more a GM's worry than a player's worry, like setting design.

It would have been better if they had clarified how cheap firearms work in HT, but GURPS is very complex, and because citing sources is against house style, books which are compiled from earlier GURPS products or contain a lot of technical details are hard to write and edit.

This forum got less aggravating when I started using the ignore feature

Last edited by Polydamas; 05-11-2016 at 10:55 AM.
Polydamas is offline   Reply With Quote