View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
panton41

Default Re: Reprinting GURPS 4E books?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
If the problem is PDF as a format...well, that's where GURPS lives these days.
That's increasingly where the entire RPG industry is headed. For that matter in 20 years it'll probably be difficult to find something resembling a new pulp paperback novel (which is the market ebooks are currently eating alive).

Used to be my game shop had shelves lining the walls of RPG books which had constant turnover. Now there might be a single shelf with the "big names" and the rest of the previous space taken over by board games, card games or even something totally unrelated like figurines or yet more comic shelving. One used bookstore has stopped buying RPGs in general and the shelf is slowly being taken over by graphics novels. (The only thing left are junk-quality D20 adventures from the mid-2000s.)

Of the two dedicated gaming stores in my town one has a tiny shelf of Pathfinder and D&D and the rest of the store is T-shirts and general "nerd stuff." The other has a larger variety of RPGs, and get new stock from time to time, but old stock rarely ever moves and GURPS 3rd Ed. has more shelf space than 4th Ed. and both together have maybe six inches. (The second store is more of a board and card game store, but with a healthy stock of RPGs.)

Quirks: Doesn't proofread forum posts before clicking "Submit". [-1]

Quote:
"My mace speaks Goblin." Antoni Ten Monros

Last edited by panton41; 02-02-2015 at 03:40 PM.
panton41 is offline   Reply With Quote