View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 07:00 PM   #3
tbone

Default Re: Feeding a Water Elemental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Despite being copied, it's likely still an errata, though the incorrect ones are arguably the other elementals; I would argue that:
  • air elementals should not eat, but should breathe.
  • earth elementals should neither eat nor breathe.
  • fire elementals should both eat and breathe (though their food is flammable materials), but should not drink. I'm not impressed by the Oxygen Combustion limitation on doesn't breathe; all it gives you is immunity to choking and strangulation (moot for diffuse creatures) and inhaled toxins (moot with immunity to metabolic hazards).
  • water elementals should drink.
I never thought about the topic, but that all makes sense; I like it!

Earth elementals get away a bit easy here. I agree with no eat/drink/breathe, but I could see them having a contact with the earth as a "sustenance" need (such that an elemental caged, or floating in space, etc. for a long period would "starve" from lack of that contact). Just a passing thought.

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote