View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #45
SRoach

Default Re: [Mass Combat] Discipline, Law, Order and Preventing Atrocities

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason taylor View Post
Foraging, if well disciplined can be no worse then severe rent collecting. It's the "if" that is the problem. Nonetheless if you expect to campaign in the same province next season, you should probably be fairly tight with it. Best of all(besides bringing it in from outside which clogs your supply tail), of course, is if you can buy it but not all commanders have a large reserve of discretionary funds. Wellington did which is one advantage of being a nation of shopkeepers.
I remember a Magic Item from either the Forgotten Realms setting, or generic D&D, that basically killed a tree but fed a small force for one day. It was based on the "Goodberry" spell. I can't remember which book it was in, however.
It was the clerics and the druids of the invading force's ability to call upon magic to keep the troops fed that I was referring to.
Certainly Portable Holes, at least the 3.x version, would allow for massive levels of provisioning for a force. That is, if they were being bankrolled by a wealthy patron, (which I'm assuming the PC's are.)
SRoach is offline   Reply With Quote