View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #12
vierasmarius

Default Re: DF: Forgotten Realms Martial-Arts Styles

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinX View Post
The technique it's trying model is where the fencer makes an attack, fails (i.e. misses or is parried), and then makes an immediate follow-up attack along the same line to exploit his momentum... so the combo has the opposite effect, making it harder to hit if you fail the first attack.
Perhaps you could make a technique similar to Counter Attack, except that instead of imposing a defense penalty after you parry an enemy attack, it imposes a defense penalty if your own attack succeeds but is parried (or possibly if dodged/blocked). It would also need to be at the same general hit location, though it might shift slightly (from Torso to Vitals, for example). It doesn't require Rapid Strike, since it would apply whether your follow-up attack was the same second or the next. I'd go with a Hard Technique, -5 default to give -2 to the enemy's defense (the same one he used the first time, maybe -1 to other defenses), so it's only worthwhile if improved above default. I wouldn't let the swordsman "chain" the technique though; attacking more than twice along the same line would become predictable, canceling out the defense penalty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Seems like adding Telegraphic to the second attack (the actual remise) would cover some of this. You get +4 because everything's already lined up from the previous attack, but he gets +2 because, well, you're doing lather, rinse, repeat.
Hmm. I thought the point of it was that you'd attack swiftly while the enemy's defense is down. Basically, using your own parried attack as a Feint.

Last edited by vierasmarius; 06-30-2012 at 04:53 PM.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote