View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 01:57 AM   #9
rosignol

Default Re: GURPS Assassin's Creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Fair enough, but it seems that Ezio can reliably hit Chinks in Armour during Rapid Strikes or Dual-Weapon Attacks (in AC:B). And this certainly doesn't get him instantly killed by the victim's friends, so it's not an All-Out Attack of any sort.
Might be a play-style thing. I generally chose 'evade and escape' rather than 'slug it out' once the guard showed up, mainly because Ezio *isn't* death on legs. He's definitely dangerous, but most of the attacks I used were variations on 'kill defenseless target', 'disarm mook -> kill defenseless target', and 'drop smoke -> kill blind defenseless target'.

I don't know if Ezio's ability is best simulated by high skill and chinks-in-armor, or just the kind of ST score you'd expect of someone who can free-climb hundred-meter towers... IMO, he's blatantly cinematic, and it would be entirely appropriate to throw things like Enhanced Move (Climbing) and some kind of Clinging into the mix rather than trying to get his mundane stats-n-skills to the point where the PC can do what is done in the video game.