View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 01:56 AM   #8
Amra

Default Re: GURPS Assassin's Creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
For the styles, I went with Shortsword Fighting and Dagger Fighting. Does that sound about right?

That gives us Judo and Brawling as the primary unarmed skills, because I seem to remember mobile unarmed parries and even some throws. Given that unarmed attacks were mostly used to set up finishing moves with the knives, I thought that the less damage of Brawling was okay, given that it grants us a +2 leeway with tricky targeting.

Getting Climbing and Acrobatics to 20 might be tough. I've currently got a Talent for impersonating people and another for reading the mood of a street (city, really), which are both relevant to the larger vision of the character as chameleon spy, but it might be more important to take a Talent which covers some of his Parkour stuff.

The point budget is 625 points and I've spent 650 without being at all happy with the capabilities. Well, I'm fine with the magic, but the freerunning stabbing thingy needs some help. On the positive side, there are no disadvantages yet.

The potential player knows nothing of GURPS rules, so he was pleased to get a finished character to vet and nick-pick at the start of next session. He's okayed some honour-related disadvantages to make it plausible that an ally of the other characters would recommend him as a loyal and capable agent. Also, to not infringe on the dramatic role of one of the other PCs, who is the resident amoral psychopath.

So, loyal, trustworthy and heroic spy/assassin/illusionist.
Enzio normally carries a number of different weapons. He's got a cestus, a dagger/knife, a medium weapon (sword/mace/hammer), a hidden wrist gun, hidden wrist blades, a crossbow, throwing knives, smoke bombs, and an optional two-handed weapon (either sword or axe).

Enzio is big on counterattack - riposte.

Isn't there a GURPS Ninja supplement? That could be really useful. Enzio can use the smoke bombs to evade pursuit. He can also blend with crowds and "Shadow". He also has contacts/allies with Mercenaries, Thieves and Courtesans.

I'll try to check back and post more later. I'm a fan of the games. AC II and Brotherhood are big improvements over AC I.
Amra is offline   Reply With Quote