View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
Omelethead

Default Re: Will a Lawyer attack a Super-Thief?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Ed View Post
Still, it seem like it could be a slippery slope to have advantages and disadvantages be situational, since there are undoubtedly other situations where the player would consider an advantage to be a disadvantage. For instance, if you are forced to help somebody in a combat, and your Class gives THEM an advantage, that could be seen as a disadvantage, especially if you don't stand to gain anything by winning the combat, and don't stand to lose anything by losing it.

Personally, I'd prefer to have what is defined as an advantage or disadvantage be independent of the situation at hand. Though obviously I don't get a say in that decision. :-)

EDIT: Oops, just realized this thread is in 101, and therefore I'm getting WAAAY to deep in considering the implications here. Sorry. :-(
I wasn't sure if this was a basic question, so I wasn't sure which forum to use. Personally, I don't mind if the discussion gets complex.

I think when your Class helps you win in combat, then it's an advantage. If you personally didn't want to win that combat, too bad, the character does. But if your Class is preventing you from defeating a monster and/or winning the game, then it's a disadvantage.
Omelethead is offline   Reply With Quote