View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #449
43Supporter

Default Re: The Unoffial 2056 Vehicle Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
I am unsure about the links. Do you need links for the rockets in the rocket magazines? (I am assuming here REM is rocket magazine as I haven't seen REM as an abbreviation before) I understood that the magazines fed into the launch tubes in the turret and only the tubes need to be linked.
I wasn't sure whether the REM (and yes, that's "Rocket Extra Magazine") HRs required separate links, so I included them (or tried to -- I used Combat Garage for this, instead of books and a calculator...).

Quote:
With no dedicated gunner (and such poor HC that you are going to need lots of skill points in driver), no electronics and really inaccurate weapons (with the majority with no hope of getting sustained fire) the IF in "if it can score hits" is a biggie. You need to be very close before the engagement starts, otherwise even a single MG will likely chew through your armour before you get close enough to stand a reasonable chance of hitting with the HRs*.
Back when I was in NOVA, there was discussion of "punishment designs" -- cars designed with serious flaws, for use in events featuring Known Cheats, or "felons fighting for freedom" events. This design would fit among that lot.

Oddly: If one goes with Metal armor instead of Plastic, survivability *improves* a bit (unless, like NOVA, one sees a lot of HESH-loaded RRs in Div. 10...).

I see this as a vehicle for a highway or dreg-zone looter -- pull out, cut loose the rockets (as that's all he can afford), pick over the remains.

Quote:
I might be inclined to replace the HRs mounted front with mini-rockets to save weight and cost ($300 and 240 lb). You would at least then be launching a volley of 18 from the front which increases your chance of a lucky hit. It's a more difficult choice with the turret as you could choose a number of configurations for the rocket magazine if you use MNRs rather than HRs.
One of my personal designs, the _ZBP-1A_ does exactly this: 6 spaces of AP MNRs F, plus a 2-sp. turret with AP MNRs and REMs (it's a Div. 30 design, however, so there's also the Ob150cidwithTurbo, and a HR computer). However, for this, I tried to stick as closely to "basic set" components as possible (the REMs are a bit outside that, to be honest, but I couldn't get C.G. to use "regular" EMs).

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote