View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 11:31 PM   #7
maximara
On Notice

Default Re: Mixing Animation with Reality in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post
I don't consider Snow White to be a toon. I consider her to be an animated image of a human woman in a fantasy story. You can use animation, just like motion picture photography, to tell a story about human beings; see for example the live action and animated Star Trek series.
That is true for our world but in a world where toons are "real" there is a distinction between human Kirk and Toon Kirk. They would function just like human actors do in our world with those with the durability going for the more "intense" roles ala 'Stuntman? I don't need no stinking stuntman.' Heck, you might have a few toons that have gone a little loopy and like being blown up, flattened, etc (Wile E Coyote).

If anime characters are also toons then things get real nasty real fast. Just because Ayanokoji Pai of 3x3 Eyes looks like a normal human (most of the time) doesn't mean she is a normal human.

Then there are beings like Dungeon Master from the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon (he was humanoid but odds are he wasn't human)
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote