View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 01:02 PM   #13
Mailanka

Default Re: Thursday is GURPS Day: Links and format!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
Truthfully, it would move the needle more if every time one of these GURPSDay posts came out, people took to social media and shared it widely. Google+, Facebook, and Twitter are all fertile ground for spreading the love by sharing widely. My social media network is reasonable, but it's probably only a thousand people. Casting that net wider by aggressively sharing makes the social network actually behave like a network. Much wider reach!
I don't like randomly blabbing stuff like that over social media to my friends... until I remember that there's a segment of them that would like this and probably don't know about it. So... blabbed.

Also, I've been noticing a general uptick in my blog over the past month or so. I thought at first it was that people were more interested in this material than in previous material... but I'm noticing that more people view my stuff in general. I suspect that GURPS Thursday is having an effect in that it's creating greater engagement, greater awareness of what other people are doing, and higher visibility for GURPS in general. I'd be curious to see if other people are experiencing a similar slow rise.