View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #5
JustAnotherJarhead

Default Re: Axes/Maces/Hammers Underpowered?

Skarg,
Excellent analysis.

And funny enough, and I was literally laughing out loud, that dude complaining on Discord was Me.

As everyone knows 2d+2 is pretty good average damage, and very reliable on the long haul through a campaign, something like 3d-2 is just better theatrics to potentially deliver 16 hits to a creature in a single crushing blow, or in my case as one of my favorite tactics the SWEEP and deliver 3d-2 to potentially three foes. That was theatric and the stuff of legendary tales.

I'm totally fine with the damage modification of Steve n Crew, as long as it level and fair across the system.
I was laughing because, maybe it's luck, maybe something else, but it just so happened that the rule changes in particular smacked my favorite two-fisted fighter character squarely in the snout, in MULTIPLE areas, I actually had to abandon the whole concept and weapons selection and start from scratch.

There is a LOT of drawback to playing a Reptile man or as many call a Lizard man, and perks in HTH isn't enough to overcome with current rules.

But, in trying to find the light, I've set out how to do it successfully, and change gears with the new neutered Reptile man, and take advantage of the one thing I never had before in design and development, 'normal' experience point advancement. It'll be a rough go at first, but I'm hoping to live long enough to get back to that Starting St 14 DX 13 IQ11 character that was an absolutely asset in combat.

ps: I miss the little things that added flavor to characters like Dwarves having a propensity to carry axes and hammers, and do more damage with them, that alone kept Ax/Mace talent in fair regular use. which was the whole reason I was gonna post IN this thread...lol

pps: Is there a reason Elves get the love in the current revision? I particularly hated that in D&D and Ad&D.

Last edited by JustAnotherJarhead; 08-02-2019 at 03:55 PM.
JustAnotherJarhead is offline   Reply With Quote