View Single Post
Old 12-28-2018, 09:32 AM   #3
Madd Kossack 115

Default Re: Centrum Light/Dark Ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
The thing that confuses me here is the mixture of high and low historical inertia you're using. Centrum branched from Homeline history in the year 1120 (low-inertia), but you have some of the same people as ran the historical USSR being born centuries later (high-inertia). Also, they seem to have been born quite a few decades later, if they're powerful in the 2020s, rather than the 1920s through 1950s.
Ok, I meant to use the Soviet leaders more as rough guidelines for various Centrum variations, not that those leaders are literally part of 2020-era Centrum (it was just too much work to rename all of them, especially since my first draft of the post already maxed out the character limit without them).

Hence why I said "if you want to change the new Centrum leaders and their personal ideologies, be my guest"

For example, even though it's obvious that none of these named characters would be part of 2020s Centrum, I feel that their various models of government (from Shliapnikov's pro-equality syndicalism, to Kirov's status quo of Lenin's Soviet Union, to Molotov's Cult of Personality and Yezhov's "enough mass murders to make Pol Pot look like Mahatma Gandhi") would good outlines for variations of Centrum Light, Neutral and Dark as the case may be.

Again, I personally couldn't think of "Centrum names" (I think the rule is that they're multi-cultural enough that names ranging from European to Asian to Islamic could match, based on the Infinite Worlds book starting Centrum's chapter with a conversation between an officer Goldstein and a Mohammad Chang) to paste over all of FRs Soviet leaders (which I suppose can be left up to the GMs to figure out), but I might be able to draft some ideas later on today (need to take care of a few personal things first).
Madd Kossack 115 is offline   Reply With Quote