View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 05:15 AM   #138
Icelander

Default Federal Government Response

Ok, I've determined that after the second incident, Washington will dispatch two to three senior figures.

One will be a very senior field agent or even an executive (who is a former field agent) of the FBI more senior than Assistant Special Agent in Charge Ed Michel. I'm thinking someone currently serving at headquarters, but with a wealth of investigative and command experience.

At least SAC-level, but possibly someone with a management position within a division like CIRG or even someone on the staff of either the Criminal, Cyber, Response, and Services Branch (CCRSB) or the National Security Branch (NSB), depending on what the Attorney-General's office determines about the jurisdictional issues and the legal determination of 'terrorist' act.

The FBI response will be 100% mundane, in that no one among those sent from Washington will be able to pierce the Facade and all of them will have Mundane Background.

Can anyone imagine what rank the senior FBI person should hold? Or suggest a real person of SAC or higher rank whom I could fictionalize?

The other will be a very experienced field agent from U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) - Homeland Security Investigations (HSI), chosen especially to be one level above whomever the FBI send. Also, the informal network or faction within the Department of Homeland Security composed of people who've learned about the supernatural and are trying to let the government respond to it, managed to influence events to the point that while the senior ICE person sent is not a believer, his second in command is and so are a number of the agents dispatched.

Any suggestion for a real person in this role?

Also, the hypothetical third senior figure would be a high-ranking prosecutor. I'm not sure whether it is appropriate to assign a prosecutor from federal headquarters to a law enforcement task force operating within the geographical area of responsibility of a United States Attorney, but if the Justice Department can get away with doing so, they will try, because US Attorney Ryan Patrick is entirely too pro-Texas for the tastes of the federal government.

Oh, and President Trump tweets about the events in Texas. Any suggestions for his tweets, the media response and the effects, if any, on actual government policy?

Last edited by Icelander; 02-21-2020 at 05:25 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote