View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 11:43 AM   #25
Plane

Default Re: What's a reasonable price for Weapon Master (two unrelated weapons)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Yes, you don't need a ready to change between alternate attacks.
But Weapon Master is not an attack, and you need a ready maneuver to switch between alternate abilities (power p11)
It seems weird to me though, it would be more convenient if the Alternative Attacks rules fell under the Alternative Abilities ruled and also required a ready to switch between attack types.

Power-Ups 4 "Alternatives to Alternative Attacks" mentions under "Ammunition Options" that switching between attack types is a free action at beginning OR end...

But then it adds "If it takes you a full turn to select between ammo types, add a flat -5% to the final value"

Normally "takes extra time" is a -10% enhancement, so I guess this sets a useful precedent for converting 'free action' to 'requires ready' when we're talking about the aspect of switching between Alternative Attacks rather than requiring a ready before actually making an attack itself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
Extra-ready was a forum advantage (http://forums.sjgames.com/showpost.p...74&postcount=9) but a variant Extra Attack (Readying only, +0%) [25], was recently made official (in Monster Hunter power-up I).
*finds Ready Steady on pg 13*

I'm thinking "ready instead" would be a better name for a 0% feature like that. "Only" makes it sound like readying is something you could normally do already with Extra Attack.

The "for Attack or Readying" enhancement is probably more useful IMO...

The +100% for "gives both" is also more useful than buying the advantage twice since you could offset that with lots of limitations.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote