View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:28 AM   #30
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Modular attributes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
Revising my last suggestion a bit:

Morph (cosmetic changes follow the rules and restrictions of Elastic Skin, -50%; trait changes are limited to a 20-point shift in attributes, -20%; minimum duration of 5 hours, -5%) [25]

Frankly, the main difficulty I'm running into here is in keeping it from becoming too cheap: the trait-shifting restriction could easily be worth far more than -20% (I could easily see it being worth -40%, -50%, or even -80%). The alternate takes on how to keep the attribute shifts from taking place more often than once every 5 hours are really with more than -5%. And even if you were to go with my initial suggestion of Mass Conservation and Retains Shape, that would only reduce the net discount by -10% compared to what I suggest here.
That looks like a pretty fun trait to use. Regardless of the actual cost of the limitations, [25] doesn't seem like an unfair cost for this. Although, part of me sees it as a +25% enhancement to Elastic Skin now XD
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote