View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 12:42 PM   #20
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Monsters 2 and Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Reprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post

Are there going to be descriptions of how the monsters attack? Will they have unique powers? Any tentacled Lovecarftian horrors? Any psionics?
The details of what powers and attacks the monsters will have are the sorts of things that people who get the book will learn about. Spilling the beans in advance would somewhat devalue the book!

As for which monsters will show up: That will depend on how much backing the project gets, which will determine whether it's 22, 24, 26, 28, or 30 critters. We can't say which ones until it's done.

What I can say is that the 30 monsters I designed for the best-case scenario break down like this:
1 × Hybrid
1 × Slime
1.5 × Elemental
2 × Construct
2 × Divine Servitor
2 × Elder Thing
2 × Faerie
2 × Plant
2.5 × Demon
2.5 × Undead
4 × Animal
7.5 × Mundane
All the "0.5" are because several creatures have split monster classes (like "Demon/Undead").

I can also say that of the 30, 8 are standbys from folklore, myth, and legend while 22 are original craziness invented by me. Obviously, there's nothing totally new under this particular sun, but I tried to be inventive. Even with the traditional creatures, actually.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote