View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 11:03 AM   #13
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: Pyramid #3/87: Low-Tech III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexion View Post
The Broken Blade article is wonderfull. I really love it.
After a few fights, I find it very simple to use.
But I have a question. How do you handle it with the Cross Parry option for MA p.121 or when the parry or block is in the DB marge?

Good question - maybe take 1.5x the Breakage Threshold (so the threshold for each weapon goes up by 50%) but apply full damage to each.

So if you have two weapons with ST 8 (say two large knives or something, books not with me), and cross parry a blow with 9 points of damage, you'd compare 9 to 8 x 1.5 = 12, and parry with no problem. I think Failure Increment might be 2 for this one, and it would not change.

If you parry a 15 point blow the same way, then you'd apply the 15 points to the threshold of 12, and since that exceeds the threshold by 3, you'd make a HT roll for each weapon at -1, because you're over the threshold by one full increment for failure, but not 2.

This has the advantage that if you cross-parry with (say) a ST 6 parrying dagger and a ST 10 sword, you can just adjust thresholds to 9 and 15, and apply one damage total to each.

Do not re-calculate the failure increment, I'd say.

Thanks for the comments!

Last edited by DouglasCole; 02-23-2016 at 11:06 AM. Reason: edited to take out something that seemed easy but wasn't.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote